Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a Advice . !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I’ve been to in this forum since a long time. It’s the best platform for ABAP world. I am on cross roads and I want your sincere suggestions.

I have 6+years SAP ABAP experience with BASIS. I knew things about Basis say 50 % in different basis areas. Because I thought that if you are basis guy, you should be an expert in DB, OS and then SAP basis.

Any ways come to real point. What you think with this rapid growing skill set how we can improve our skills.

As if I see my self, I have to learn coding BADI, BAPI, classes/objects.

What else you can say its good that one should learn?

How about SAP Netweaver? How about any functional area?

As I have good cross-functional module experience and business knowledge. I am not focus that what I am think. How should I start? Should I concentrate on my ABAP, should I start SAP basis, or should I start doing some functional training.

How you guys think?

Please give input/suggestion. I know its not related question, but its a question of SAP /ABAP world.I want your sincere views.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi, Since I am a programmer first, I have to suggest that you start learning the newer SAP techologies, ABAP Objects, Web Dynpro for ABAP, Web Dynpro for JAVA, and maybe start messing with the java language a bit. It can't hurt. It really depends on what you are passionate about. What gets you up in the morning. If its ABAP and software development, then stay on the development side and learn as much as you can about the newer technologies. If it is the business side, then learn some functional module.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well.. I guess Just ABAP wouldn't fetch you anything.

It is better to learn SAP-BW or CRM. Everything looks lucrative... but you cannot concentrate on all the technolgies.... it is better you choose one and master it.

All the best...

Regards,

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My suggestion is start learing with NEtweaver technologies, ABAP Objects and OO concepts.

For OO you can read from this link:

http://sapgenie.com/abap/OO/index.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First start with little coding in ABAP along with ur BASIS work.Try to learn the Basic fundamentals in ABAP.

Then u can explore every thing by using help.

after that u can learn New technologies like Net weawer