Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume of data more in QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everybody,

i stuck up with one problem,that one is my programming is running well in development system.

while i am running the same program in quality system it one is hanging.

i fix the problem where it is,while i am retriving data from the table in dev system it has 3000 records only.

but in QA system execution stop at that select statement,as per my analysis volume of data is more.

how can we come out of this,please help me regarding this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use as many primary keys as possible in the where condition of the select and if its not possible to use the primary keys create a secondary key and use it in the where condition for optimal performance.

Also post the select query you are using to receive suggestions as to how to make it more optimal.

Regards,

Vikranth

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use as many primary keys as possible in the where condition of the select and if its not possible to use the primary keys create a secondary key and use it in the where condition for optimal performance.

Also post the select query you are using to receive suggestions as to how to make it more optimal.

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for quick reply,i am using BSEG table.

there is no secondary key for that,can you guide me please how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

remove all nonkey fields from select query.

can you please post your select query here?

0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

Please check this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID1454590150DB01412594187735767024End?blog=/pub/wlg/7692].

This is the best blog on how to get the data from BSEG efficiently.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run your program in T.Code SE30 and click on Analysis Button after execution and getting result for the database impact.

Check there, for the queries taking more time and fine tune them.

Its better to use indexes in your quieries where ever possible.

Use For All Entries in case multiple queries.

Use specific fields into internal table instead of "select * from" in all your queries.

These are few performacne optimization steps. Hope it could help you out.

Regds,

Anil