Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing FM documentation in non-local language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I am trying to figure out how to use the FM 'FIMA_DAYS_BETWEEN_TWO_DATES'. However, our SAP system is setup with EN as the default language so when I try and view the documentation I just get the message saying that the documentation is not avaialbe in language EN. Is anybody aware of a way of viewing the documenation (presumably in German) - or does this message actually mean that there is no documentation at all...in which case can anyone explain what the parameters for this FM do - specifically i_stgmeth and i_szbmeth.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One possible solution for you to get the documentation in German is that you when you logon into SAP,

give 'DE' as the language option.

THen goto SE37 and give your function module name.

and click on the documentation. This should help you in getting whatever documentation is available for it.

To translate it into english use any of the language tools.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One possible solution for you to get the documentation in German is that you when you logon into SAP,

give 'DE' as the language option.

THen goto SE37 and give your function module name.

and click on the documentation. This should help you in getting whatever documentation is available for it.

To translate it into english use any of the language tools.

0 Kudos

Hi Dominic

It had occured to me to login in German - I just wondered if there was a better way of doing it! However, I've tried it and (with the help of Babel Fish) it works!

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

This Function module is used to get the exact days difference between the two dates in decimal points.

Check the sample code:

data: s_wldate1 type sy-datum,

s_wldate2 type sy-datum,

ws_totaldays TYPE i.

s_wldate1 = '20060101'.

s_wldate2 = '20060202'

CALL FUNCTION 'FIMA_DAYS_BETWEEN_TWO_DATES'

EXPORTING

i_datum_von = s_wldate1

i_datum_bis = s_wldate2

IMPORTING

e_tage = ws_totaldays.