Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor master Update - Update bank details issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi for vendor master update, but here while i'm trying to update Bank account number(BANKN) , i'm facing the below error :

No bank details exists.

Here in bank detail structure , bank country code, bank code & bank account number are key fields , if any of the key field changed then system will  consider as update record.

while changing vendor bank account number from XK02, system is update instead of raising error message ..,

please suggest ..

regards,

Lokeswar Reddy Byni.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check the check the domain for data element of the field concerning bank details, in the tab definition of the data element you will find a field called as "Routine"(Marked below in red for eg), if there are any value filled(Alpha in the below case) you will find the available customer exits. try to use the suitable exits and then try the process. hopefully it should work.

Please get back if any issues.

regards,

Satish

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if your code stops in the below section.

Method EXTERN_FORMAT_CENTRAL_DATA_U

line 300

Maybe you will be able to debug from here on wards to find the actual error. Sorry not much help.

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check whether bank Details are correct (maybe conversion Exit's are not used for fields for zeroes) which makes the System to say no bank Details.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

K.S

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check the check the domain for data element of the field concerning bank details, in the tab definition of the data element you will find a field called as "Routine"(Marked below in red for eg), if there are any value filled(Alpha in the below case) you will find the available customer exits. try to use the suitable exits and then try the process. hopefully it should work.

Please get back if any issues.

regards,

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I have already checked the conversion for bank account number.

for vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi , the structure is as below

VMDS_EI_MAIN-->VMDS_EI_EXTERN-->VMDS_EI_CENTRAL_DATA-->CVIS_EI_BANKDETAIL-->CVIS_EI_BANKDETAIL_KEY

Here in the above Bankdetail_key structure consists of BANKS,BANKL,BANKN fields as key fields.

I need to update BANKN - acct number with the same BNAKS & BANKL .

Which is happening while creating vendor via XK01 tcode.

Regards,

Lokeswar Reddy Byni.

0 Kudos

Either you try to use a bank which does not exits in database

Be aware that XK01/XK02 are able to maintain Bank detail (thru FM of group BANK) as transactions FI01/FI02. Not sure if vmd_ei_api is able to do that ?
You could first call BAPI_BANK_GETDETAIL and BAPI_BANK_CREATE to check existence of bank before updating vendor.

Else you try to update a new record

You will never be allowed to change primary key, even if screen display of transacton can lure you (it display new record where old record was displayed) but you must delete previous record and create a new one.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Just want to understand why standard logic from XK02 and vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi are behaving differently.

If XK02 is allowing to change/update Bank-Account number then this vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi should also allow to do so. My understanding is because both are from SAP so, these should behave similarly.

Any idea on this?

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

0 Kudos

Hi lokeswar reddy byni,

you can not update any key fields. Changing the BANKN value means delete this bank record and insert the new record with changed BANKN.

This is what the SAP transaction will do for you implicitly.

Regards

Clemens

0 Kudos

Actually XK02 don't update record, but delete the old one and create a new one, you are misled by the fact that the new line is displayed where the old one was previously displayed.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond, got clarified.

Thanks.

Kumar Saurav.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what are al other details that you are passing other than bank account number, have you checked for the conversion to all fields.

Also i have small doubt with system codes, that is for examples if we take units like HR(Hour) certain BAPIs wont accept however when we give the system code as STD(Which is the system code for hour) the BAPI will accept. Similarly is there any parameter that you pass has a chance of holding different system codes. If that is the case then you have to use the right conversion exit for that.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Satish