Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BDS - SOFFICEINTEGRATION -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am having a problem while using SOFFICEINTEGRATION where i am passing variable to word document in certain PC the variable data is getting passed and in other the values of variable are not passed, i know its not SAP issue its some setting in word but i am not able to trace it out, if any one have any idea pl. let me know.

Thanks

Atul

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the below link..it might help you..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/0be775408e11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Regards

vivek

reward points if it is useful

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks,I have already searched in all these links..

Atul

former_member226234
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are facing this problem while printing the document, Follow these steps.

In the word document

1) Go to Tools->Options

2) Select the Print Tab

3) Uncheck 'Update fields'.

hope This will solve it.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I am facing problem when the word interface opens and it doesn’t pass data to from ABAP variable to word variables.

Regards

Atul

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I am trying to print the sap variables into word but could not do so. i am using the following code. could you please tell me if i am doing something wrong.

after starting the link server i am passing the SAP variable 'TOPIC' using follwoing method to link server.

CALL METHOD LINK_SERVER->ADD_STRING_ITEM

EXPORTING ITEM_NAME = 'TOPIC' "#EC NOTEXT

ITEM_VALUE = GT_EKKO-EBELN

NO_FLUSH = 'X'

IMPORTING RETCODE = RETCODE.

In word document i am using the follwing links to retrive the variable.

{LINK SAP.OLELinkServer.Item.Object.1 SAPOLELinkServer TOPIC \t}

{LINK SAP.LinkItem.1 SAPOLELinkServer TOPIC \t}

i tried both of the above links but the word documents is not printing the variable and printing the above links as it is.

i would appreciate if you could provide me any solution on how to achive it.?

i also have another question.

when i try to create a transport for the document which i have upload in to BDS using tr OAOR i get an error message that this document can not be transported. would you please tell me how to create a transport for this documents?