Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Exit or BADI for check Background job with current status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPer,

I want a help and suggestions from all of you for one of my requirement.

I have created one program which is running in background mode.

lets take a example, I have created one program which is 'PARK' 100 accounting document.

Now i run this program in Background mode.

Meanwhile I want to trigger a one workflow which is 'POST' this all 100 parked document.

My requirement is once the background job is completed at the same time workflow will be trigger that will POST all the parked document which is completed in background.

Hope you all are clear with my requirement.

Please suggest a way, how to do this.

With Regards,

KaushiK Savaliya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand exactly what you are looking for, but, maybe .. 

So look the program RSBTONEJOB2, it's a program to check if the same job is already running. Inside this program SAP used a simple FM to check the status of the job .. 

Regards

Fred

4 REPLIES 4

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand exactly what you are looking for, but, maybe .. 

So look the program RSBTONEJOB2, it's a program to check if the same job is already running. Inside this program SAP used a simple FM to check the status of the job .. 

Regards

Fred

0 Kudos

As I already explain my requirement in a post, I want to automatically trigger a workflow once a particular background job is finish. Let’s take an example, background job JOB_PARK is finish, workflow should automatically triggered with all documents which is PARKED in a JOB. Hope you now clear with my requirement. With Regards, KaushiK Savaliya

0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Create an event in SM62/SM64.

2) Create a background job which gets triggered only when the event is raised.

3) Create a background job with steps

a) 1st program

b) 2nd program will only raise the event using  FM 'BP_EVENT_RAISE'.

Refer the following threads:

SAPTechnical.COM - Scheduling background jobs by triggering events

Regards,

DPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at the view V_OP - it contains status of a background job . You can also check for FM with BP*STAT*.

Caution - Sometimes system fails to update the  status flag,  even though the program is completed.

Regards,

DPM