Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL to Business Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is that an external e-mail is to be sent a approver in my workflow, once the approver clicks on a link in the e-mail,it should take the approver to his/her SAP business Workplace or atleast to the SAP initial login screen and once logged in, then automatically to the Business workplace, i have managed to write the code for sending the email but the problem is i am not able to figure out how to implement the later mentioned functionality can anybody please help me?

Regards

Naren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the URL in the mail, to direct to SAP login can be carried with an activex control embedded in your mail body or any front end coding.

For the next task, i.e., to call SBWP directly once he logs in, can be done by assigning the start transaction for that user login. The basis ppl can handle it.

regards,

Sandeep Josyula

• Reward if found helpful....

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank for replying to the query, can you guide me to links where such example "active-x" codings could be found and if basis people make sbwp as the start tcode for the user then, everytime he /she logs will this user get the swbp tcode run or only when he/she logs on through the e-mail link?

Regards

Naren

0 Kudos

Yes Narendiran, If SBWP is set as start transaction, everytime the user logs in , it takes him to his workplace.

To my knowledge and belief, people who log into sap for workflow related issues will be business ppl and other transactions in SAP are useless to them. so there wont be a need for them to log into sap for other purposes.

There is some method in SAP to integrate external mails to SAP inbox. so that we can directly click in them. I dont know much.. It needs MAPI to be installed.

My idea of active-x is creating a control in vb or java and using it you shd be able to call the login screen. Not much idea.