Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading bulk data dividing on a daily basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a scenario, where i have to upload one lac 100,000 records from flat file to SAP using LSMW / CALL TRANSACTION/ SESSION METHOD/BAPI/IDOC, using each individually . How can we upload data of exactly ten thousand records must be updated on a daily basis. on tenth day all the records must be updated . But the program must be executed only once . i.e on first day .

Regards,

Rajan.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jan 18, 2012

6 REPLIES 6

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this an actual business case or a theoretical problem? Please describe the context in more detail.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

This is a theoretical scenario. If i were to upload 100,000 records each day i have to update 10000 entries . How is it possible in which method.

Regards,

Rajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario, where i have to upload 100,000 records from flat file to SAP using LSMW / CALL TRANSACTION/ SESSION METHOD/ BAPI / IDOC individually .

On a daily basis the created program must automatically upload the first 10000 records on day 1. and next 10000 records on day 2 and so on till 10 days .

Prerequisites:

1. Max upload limit is 10000 records per day.

2. Program must be executed only once.

3. Which method is good in performance and why?

4. How to schedule this program in background?

Regards,

Rajan.

Edited by: Rajan.Dexter9 on Jan 19, 2012 9:09 AM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you did not really answer the question from Thomas.

and I do not understand why you need to distribute the upload of one file with 100000 records to 10 different pieces that shall be executed on different days.

if you use LSMW with batch import method, then you have the option to enter the number of transactions for one session.

so you can split your 100000 records into 10 different batch input sessions.

In SM35 you can then schedule the execution of the sessions. So you can plan the execution of one session per day.

0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen ,

The program has to be executed only once with only one flat file . Once the data gets updated in the SAP the program has to be terminated.

Edited by: Rajan.Dexter9 on Jan 20, 2012 7:46 AM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still the opinion that it works like I already explained.

Have you ever developed and executed in LSMW yourself? or this as well theory for you?

A LSMW execution is by default just a one-time event and not periodical (except you define it to be executed periodically)

so you read 100000 once

you convert the 100000 just once

then you create batch input sessions from for the converted data. and hereyou split the 100000 into 10 BI sessions.

and these 10 have to be scheduled individually by you, this cannot be done automatically.