Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating table of non-sap Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to transfer data from Ztable to non-SAP database table. Is it possible to do it.

If yes, Plz suggest ...........

Regards,

Gulrez

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is possible,, there are lot of Interfaces,, you have the SAP-XI Interface. you can even use an RFC to transfer..

there are lot of non - SAP tools as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is possible to transfer data from z table to non-sap system.there are lot of Interfaces,, you have the SAP-XI Interface. you can even use an RFC to transfer data across non-sap system

there are lot of non - SAP tools as well.you can transfer data to non-sap systems through EDI as ALE is invalid technology in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gulrez.

i would like to suggest a reference,

[SDN - Reference for transfer from SAP to non-SAP systems|;

Hope that's usefull.

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to update a Mysql Database table (non-SAP ) from ztable.. Actually have done like this for Oracle table(non-SAP) table.

Actually in table dbcon there is field DBMS in that there are entriey for Oracle, Microsoft SQL and other DB , but no entry for Mysql Database.

Plz suggest how to do it.

Regards,

Gulrez Alam

0 Kudos

Hi.

>

> I have to update a Mysql Database table (non-SAP ) from ztable.. Actually have done like this for Oracle table(non-SAP) table.

>

> Actually in table dbcon there is field DBMS in that there are entriey for Oracle, Microsoft SQL and other DB , but no entry for Mysql Database.

Looks like you haved use multiconnect for this task in the past. At the moment only databases that are supported as a main database can be accessed using this technique. So you cannot have an entry for a mysql database in the dbcon table. Sorry for that but that is the current status. You will have to use a different approach.

Best regards,

Jan Stallkamp

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply, could u suggest some other approach by which it can be done.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Gulrez Alam

0 Kudos

A nice possibility is to use PHP (open source) -

I don't like posting zillions of links as they usually just confuse rather than actually answer the question but the PDF document pointed by this link is good

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a5d5b6f6-0301-0010-4fae-f3b91bcf...

Cheers

Jimbo