Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of Note cell programatically in Objective Setting and Appraisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Note cell configured for a specific Template/Criteria Group/Criterio/Column.

Is there anything delivered with Objective Setting and Appraisal, such as a BADI, that would allow me to update this Note cell programatically? For example, I've researched ADD_NEW_ELEMENT of HRHAP00_ENHANCE_FREE BADI, but it only allows me to add a new EMPTY Note cell. I want to pre-populate the Note cell.

If anyone has had a similar situation and has come up with a good solution, I'm all ears!!

Thanks,

Mary Ann Kolnik

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

To automatically fill columns or notes belonging to a column you can use the value determination functionality (BAdI definition HRHAP00_VAL_DET). Have a look at standard implementation HRHAP00_VAL_DET_05. This read data out of another system and writes it to a note field.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice

0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I've been looking into the BAdi you mentioned:

HRHAP00_VAL_DET_05. The documentation I have is very limited. I'm hoping it can do what we need. I would have to make a custom version of it. We need to have a user click on a custom button (say a custom pushbutton in Status Flow ) and then automatically have the system update a configured Note cell of a column with the user's name/title/and the sy-datum.

So if we use the CHECK_UI_DEPENDENCY Method, it will bring up new buttons for the user and when one of the buttons is clicked, say SUBMIT, it would execute the VALUE_DETERMINATION Method with the same Filter Value?

How can I configure my Template's Criterion Note field to try out the ORG_OBJECTIVES Enhancement Area? I have gone to OOHAP_BASIC and added it to AA and AD. I've then moved it to the Enhancement Area for my templates Category Group Folder. I don't see it, however, as a choice in my Criterion column's Value Determination dropdown. What am I not doing right to get the configuration set up to see how the delivered BAdi implementation works?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mary Ann

0 Kudos

If yuo don't have SEM the value determination won't work. It takes the SEM strategic objectives of the appraisees org unit and write these as note in the document.

The requirement your customer has is fairly simple. A value determination is performed after an event, say save or a status change, or in R/3 on enter.

The requirement you have does not need a UI dependency, thats only needed when you have a dialog. In the SEM value determination you need to select from a list, this list looks different in R/3 then in BSP.

Just implement the value determination method, without ui dependencies. On status change it would be called.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice

0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

So I don't have to change any configuration on my Template? I can just create a new implementation of HRHAP00_VAL_DET BAdi?

I was thinking I need to choose the filter value of the BAdi in the Value Determination Tab of the particular column for my Template or Criterion. If I do need to do this, I have read in help.sap.com on how to and I'm having difficulty unchecking the 'Default Value' box for my Template in the Value Determination Tab.

Hope this makes sense. I really want to give this a whirl and see if it will work for my clients.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I have implemented a Z version of HRHAP00_VAL_DET_008 with new filter values. I've added code to the Check_executability Method and the Value_determination Method.

The problem is that when my configured Note cell gets prepopulated via the Value_determination Method, the system gives me an additional empty Note cell. I only want the original configured Note cell. This only seems to happen when I make the lw_body_cell_notes-line_status field 'D' for Display. If I make it blank for Change, I don't get the additional empty Note cell, but the original Note cell is prepopulated correctly, but changeable. I need the Note cell configured with the Value Determination to be Display only and prepopulated depending on the user's choice of Value Determination Value Text.

Any ideas on how to keep just the original Note Cell but be able to prepopulate it depending on the Value Text chosen by the user and always keep it in Display mode?

Mary Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry the posting is at wrong place.

Moderators please delete the post.

Message was edited by: Biswajit Das