Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update functional area in BSEG table

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant

Hi,

I have a requirement to update functional area field ( FKBER ) of table BSEG.

I am doing the same through function module "CHANGE_DOCUMENT".

but this FM is not updating the corresponding functional area value in table "FAGLFLEXA" ( Which is necessary for reporting purpose.)

Can anybody guide regarding the same.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WARNING CHANGE_DOCUMENT is not a BAPI, it is an update function module that is called when COMMIT WORK is executed, using this module is nothing more than a direct update of the database, don't expect all other program to be automatically started.

Try to

- Use A BDC with FB02/FB09

- Find a BAPI that do the job

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi can you tell me any BAPI to update the existing document. BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST is used to create a document and not update the existing one.

0 Kudos

There is a Customizing to analyze : Financial Accounting, Financial Accounting Global Settings, Document, Line Item, Document Change Rules, Line Item. Only very few fields are allowed to be changed, look at your system, but i fear that FKBER is not allowed (because of the number of tables to update is too high, even for SAP developers), so you may have to reverse the accounting document and re-post with the correct functional area.

References (look with your FI functional)

- [Change Document|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/8b/a0d3d32cbb480bbf90020ca460a55e/frameset.htm]

- OSS [Note 966428 - FB02: Functional area (FKBER) can be changed on coding block|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/966428] (despite the hope that the note title may give to you, read the end of the note for the bad news)

Regards

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better try BDC to tcode FB09

A.