Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update BKPF_GRPID

stephen_smith2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I need to update the field BKPF-GRPID without doing a direct table update. I need to use a BAPI or Function Module that creates an audit trail. I have tried FI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE, but it will not allow BKPF-GRPID to be updated. Anyone know if possible?

6 REPLIES 6

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be try with fm AC_DOCUMENT_DIRECT_INPUT or record a bdc and call in call transaction.

stephen_smith2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

AC_DOCUMENT_DIRECT_INPUT creates a document. I want to update a document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHANGE_DOCUMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would you want to change the batch input session name? The auditors might not like this.

Rob

stephen_smith2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I needed a way to associate all the documents created in the batch run with each other. Allthough there are multiple documents in the batch they are all one batch.

I decided to take the first document number created and populate grpid with that number on each document.

For imaging purposes I can call up all the documents and associate the supporting documentation image by the grpid field.

0 Kudos

Other than doing a direct table update, I don't see how you could do this - and I definitely wouldn't recommend that. There are other fields that can be updated (by say FB02) such as the document or line item text. I'd look into that.

Maybe you could create a Z table that holds the relationships.

Rob

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Aug 19, 2008 2:49 PM