Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode texteditor: CL_GUI_TEXTEDIT - CL_WORD_SAPSCRIPT_EDITOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read, that the old cl_gui_textedit is not unicode compatible and SAP uses now either the old line editor or if exist the word editor (CL_WORD_SAPSCRIPT_EDITOR). We have serveral custom made programs based on the cl_gui_textedit and except of a few special characters we have no problems.

Anyone has an idea what a good strategy would be to solve these problems going forward? Convert everything to the word editor or even the btf editor?

What are you doing?

3 REPLIES 3

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have used btf editor. check out this weblog. [using BTF editor in SAPGUI|/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/27/btf-editor-in-sapgui]

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

I have played with the btf editor, but if you want to print your first 1st and/or 2nd line of text on a report or even show it on the screen. It gets very complicated. I know all this can be done, but it is not very nice. The cl_gui_textedit is very nice and friendly to the user. What you say, means no easy solution and we have to get out of the cl_gui_textedit soner or later. More sooner than later.

Thanks any way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out my self. CL_GUI_TEXT_EDIT is unicode compatible, you only have to be careful, when you print or email the text.

Thanks