Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unicode help help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i'm doing a unicode and i have this error "workarea cannot be converted to a character-type field". i.e because i am trying to write the workarea and it is not possible in unicode programs. the work area is referenced to a standard table(that is huge). can you help me find a way on this??

thanks,

zry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try assigning the workarea to a FIELD-SYMBOL and use the field-symbol in the write statement.

If this does not work there is no way but to list all the fields of the workarea.

Regards,

Sesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use UCCHECK for analysis and procedure of solving it.

Reward if useful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

well you should NOT write a WA anyway.

better write each of the fields.

to achieve that, you should swap every value through a char-variable of enough length.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case u have to specify each and every fields of workarea when displaying.

For example:

data: wa type mara.

when displaying u have to write like this.

Write: / wa-matnr, wa-ernam.......

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try assigning the workarea to a FIELD-SYMBOL and use the field-symbol in the write statement.

If this does not work there is no way but to list all the fields of the workarea.

Regards,

Sesh

0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you help us how to assign work area to field-symbol

Thanks

kiran

0 Kudos

hi,

tnx for the quick answer,

i also tried using the field symbols before i post my query. FS was my last clue but it fails because it inherits the same type and triggers the same error. is there another clue on how to manipulate FS for compatibility

thanks alot,

zry