Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to edit "z.." data element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am unable to modify data element created in z namespace. I go to SE11 and even though I go to change mode I am unable to change the data element.

There is no problem with authorization and I already have entered SSCR key.

Please help.

Warm Regards

Mazdul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

i go to SE11, put the data element name and click on change. It takes me to the next screen where the message above is wriiten that I am in editable mode, but i cannot modify it. This is the probelem.

The objet is already active.

26 REPLIES 26

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain you issue in more details.

If you are saying that it is a Z data element then it would not require any SSCR key.

What problems are you exactly facing while changing the data element?

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

whats the message getting displayed (any error message???)

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Try changing the data element directly via SE11 by entering the data element not via table.

pradiptakumar_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain a bit more on the scenario? What error you are getting?Why do you need a SSCR key for modifying Z - element? Or are you referring to the ABAP developer key?

Thanks and Regards

Pradipta Kumar Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mentioned that I already have an SSCR key regitsterd.

For changing the z data element, i go to SE11, put the name of the data element and click on change mode. Now even though I am in change mode, the various fields in it are not modifiable and looks like in display mode. No error message I get. It is just that the message above says i am in editable mode, but I am not able to edit the data element.

0 Kudos

>

> the various fields in it are not modifiable and looks like in display mode.

Can you tell us what are the VARIOUS fields you means here?

Tell the name of the field which you are trying to modify?

regards,

Padma

0 Kudos

Hi Chowdhury,

Did you check in SM04 whether anyother user is editing or modifying the similar data elements??

If not then they might have been locked for some other reasons during the activation.

Regards,

-Syed.

0 Kudos

Dear Mazdul,

Go t t-code SE14 and activate your table there with option activate and adjust database table.

Reagards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We donu2019t require sscr key to modify Z elements, I think u might have been asked to save the dictionary elements in a package provided to u for which u may have only write access. I suppose u can contact the basis and get the issue resolved.

Regards,

Rethish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the domain.

No other user is trying to change it.

Thanks for ur responsed

0 Kudos

just write the data_element name in SE11 click change.

what message are u getting after that?

Former Member

i go to SE11, put the data element name and click on change. It takes me to the next screen where the message above is wriiten that I am in editable mode, but i cannot modify it. This is the probelem.

The objet is already active.

0 Kudos

Dear Maxdul again,

Are you sure you are trying to modify that in devlopement client and not in test client.

I have faced same problem before.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

did you select the radiobutton DOMAIN below the Elementary type?

regards,

Padma

0 Kudos

Hi,

In which version of SAP are you and in which system?

If you are in ECC 6 and in a system other than where the data element was created then probably the modification assistant is on and that is the reason why you are not able to change the data element.

In the menu function EDIT you will be able to switch off teh assistant and do your modifications.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks a lot for this. I was able to do the modifications. Our dev system has been copied from another Dev system. We hvae just upgraded our system to ECC6 from 4.7.

But I get a warning that the changes will not get recorded in detail if the modification assistant is switched off. Any work around for this ?

Thanks once again.

Warm Regards

Mazdul

0 Kudos

Hi,

Either you can switch off the assistant and make changes normally or keep the assistant and using the menu options available under Edit you make changes as required.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks a lot. I was able to edit. It was really a helpful answer and I found it nowhere.

Warm Regards

mazdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in development system.

The radio button beside domain is selected.

I chenged the owner in object directory entry, but it didnt work either.

Any further suggesstions ?

Thanks for all your help

Warm regards

mazdul

0 Kudos

Hi,

is the modification assistant switched 'ON'

Check in the menu functions under 'EDIT'.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

If NO dependency is there, try DELETE that data element and recreate it again with your desired DOMAIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

U can use the se14 and from there adjust database to make the adjustment in the database and after that you can change the data element in se11.....

former_member229729
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check for any user using your Data element through the T/Code: SM12 and delete them.

Rgds,

Ramani N

0 Kudos

In a system which has been copied from another system, the object directory entry for all its object remains the source system unless it is changed manualy after system copy.

The post migration activities after system copy changes the object directory entry(SE06).

But if this is not done, the object directory entry can be changed from SE03 --> Change object directory entry.

Mazdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered

0 Kudos

se11->change mode->edit->switch off assistant.

It will allow to change.