Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create implicit enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to enhance a standard FM by implementing an implicit enhancement (end of FM code). However, when going to enhancement mode, right clicking on the implicit enhancement line doesn't allow for the creation of the enhancement. The FM in question has the "edit lock" set. FM's without this lock seem to be enhancement-friendly. Is this a prerequisite for implementing enhancements? I actually happened to believe the SAP hype that "all FM's and programs could be enhanced by using their implicit enhancement options..." I would, however, presume that most of the standard SAP code is "edit locked", and therefore "hands off" to us non-SAP'ers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you brought up the point that you were unable to create an Implementation of an Implicit Enhancement in a FM in which "Editor Lock" is set, I actually tried the same in a standard SAP program in which "Editor Lock" is set and I was successful in creating an implementation of the Implicit Enhancement.

So I think that standard code with "Editor Lock" set, can be enhanced.

In case if its possible could you mention the FM that you were trying to enhance, so that I may try enhancing the same in my system and let you know the outcome?

Regards,

Abhisek.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you brought up the point that you were unable to create an Implementation of an Implicit Enhancement in a FM in which "Editor Lock" is set, I actually tried the same in a standard SAP program in which "Editor Lock" is set and I was successful in creating an implementation of the Implicit Enhancement.

So I think that standard code with "Editor Lock" set, can be enhanced.

In case if its possible could you mention the FM that you were trying to enhance, so that I may try enhancing the same in my system and let you know the outcome?

Regards,

Abhisek.

0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

the FM I'm trying to enhance is DEVELOPER_CHECK; function group SKEY.

Another interesting issue: some of the standard FM's delivered by SAP return the error message "this function belongs to the basis functionality and cannot be enhanced..." or something similar, thus firmly preventing them from being modified.

Seems SAP prefers to keep the upper hand, after all...

Trond

0 Kudos

Hi Trond,

The system is not allowing to enhance FM DEVELOPER_CHECK using Implicit Enhancements.

So I agree with you that not all standard codes can be enhanced. There are certain codes which SAP does not allow to enhance using Implicit Enhancements.

Regards,

Abhisek.