Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to capture the errors exactly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing Mass Data upload of Document info Records through BDC Call Transaction method.

I want to set the deletion indicator for doc.info records through trans-CV02N

I am  capturing the errors and success messages. Now the problem is, when doing with processing mode = N , it is not working, for ex:

the document is not existed in the system, it is showing the message as ' the deletion indicator is already existed'.

when doing with debugging and mode = A, it is working fine.

why it is working like this?

Please find the attached doc of program code.

Please do the need ful.

Thanks,

Murali Krishna

5 REPLIES 5

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to find a BAPI to replace the CALL TRANSACTION CV02N (*), and get errors/succes from RETURN parameter.

Regards,

Raymond

(*) Like BAPI_DOCUMENT_DELETE or BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE[2]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the mode = 'E' instead of 'N'.

Thanks,

Tooshar Bendale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u r executing the above code in mode 'N'. Please Submit the job to background i mean sm37. So from there u can debug and analyse the error. In SM37 select the job and select the shdb t.c and press enter. It will go to ur program from background.

Thanks,

Vineesh

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can try:-

CALL TRANSACTION 'CV02N' USING wa_data MODE w_mode UPDATE 'S' MESSAGES INTO t_msg.

Thank you,

Bishwajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is, when doing the uploading with bulk records( for 100+) it is not working, with less records it is working ..

The main problem is..

1) Some of the DIR(Document info records) are not existed in the system, but it showing a message

" the deletion indicator is already existed for the DIR" ( this is a custom message, it is for deletion indicator existed records - in the code FLAG = X )

Thanks & Regards,

Murali.