Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncating of filename in transaction BAUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have made a small program that recevies a file from XI, places it on the application server and calls transaction BAUP with that file. But the problem is that the path for the file gets truncated in transaction BAUP, i have tried to debugg the program and the variable for the filename is an char(128) and the path that i have entered is only 45 characters long. Have anybody else encountered this problem and maybe found a solution for it?

Regards Liselotte.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the file name parameter is maintained as a select-option its restricted to 45 characters. you cannot do anything about it unless otherwise you copy the underlying program in to your name space and change the file field to a parameter

Regards

Raja

1 REPLY 1

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the file name parameter is maintained as a select-option its restricted to 45 characters. you cannot do anything about it unless otherwise you copy the underlying program in to your name space and change the file field to a parameter

Regards

Raja