Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering an IDOC for material master using Z message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to trigger an IDOC at the time of material creation / change. I have created a Z messgae type instead of the std one (MATMAS). Now I want to know how to trigger IDOC. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

sreeramkumar_madisetty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Configure your Z Message Type with the Basic IDOC type of Material and that IDOC Type and Mesage Types will be Configured at Parnet Profile level and the IDOC type will be mapped with Process Code.Thus using the Process Code, the Zmessage types and IDOC will be triggered.

Explore Tcode : WE20 for more details.

Regards,

Sreeram

0 Kudos

Sreeram,

Thanks for your reply. I have already done all set up in WE20 and activated change pointer for my z mesage type also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of using the zmessage types, there is other option change pointers.

In spro, activate the change pointers for the MATMAS.

So, when ever the material is created or changed, automatically, it will generate an IDOC.

Regards,

Jyothi

0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me the way of triggering an IDOC for Z message type? Since the std one MATMAS has been used in multiple interfaces I dont want to use it again.

0 Kudos

Hello Lisothas,

You can also use 'z' message type for change pointers.

If your z message type is ready then you can activate change pointers for that message type using transaction code

bd50. In this transaction you need to include you z messaga type and select active check box to active change pointers for that message type.

Also, you can select individual field in z message type for which you want to activate change pointers using transaction code bd52. (This is the case when you want selected field from z message type for which you want to generate change pointers).

Change pointers are only used for creation of IDoc when any of the master data related field change so it is not useful for material creation. For that I think you can find some exit and call outbound processing function module which will create IDoc for newly created material.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Augustin.