Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Order Acknowledgement automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement wherein the sales order order acknowledgement is to be triggered when the line items in the sales order get confirmed.

Please let me know how can this be achieved; is there any BADI / user-exit which might help ?

The scenario is that the user shall create a sales order, but on saving the order, the order acknowledgement should not be triggered. We have a batch job which updates the confirmed qty in the sales orders on a daily basis at night. Once the order gets a confirmed qty, the order acknoeldgement should be automatically triggered.

Please guide.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In that case mark your output as "Trigger immediately" & on output message control attach requirement routine.

In the requirement routine, you can check all line item of order have confirmed quantity. If yes tha trigger output & if no than don't attached message output.

Regards,

Sameer

9 REPLIES 9

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is SAP std. message output type BA00 for "Sales Order confirmation" with condition record's dispatch mode set as '1'. You can use it for your requirement.

After order confirmation job complete, you can setup job with RSNAST00 to triggered order confirmation.

NACE T-code for V1(sales) output

Dispatch time 'F4' help

RSNAST00 Program

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

We don't want to trigger the Order Ack through batch job. The Order Ack should be trigerred whenever all the line items in the order have a confirmed quantity.

When the sales order is initially created, it does not have confirmed quantities in the schedule lines. Later, when the confirmed quantities are updated by another program, those orders for which all the line items have a confirmed qty, the order acknowledgement should be trigerred automatically for them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

We don't want to trigger the Order Ack through batch job. The Order Ack should be trigerred whenever all the line items in the order have a confirmed quantity.

When the sales order is initially created, it does not have confirmed quantities in the schedule lines. Later, when the confirmed quantities are updated by another program, those orders for which all the line items have a confirmed qty, the order acknowledgement should be trigerred automatically for them.

Private_Member_14913
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In that case mark your output as "Trigger immediately" & on output message control attach requirement routine.

In the requirement routine, you can check all line item of order have confirmed quantity. If yes tha trigger output & if no than don't attached message output.

Regards,

Sameer

0 Kudos

HI Sameer,

This is almost what I am looking for. Please could you let me know the steps to configure these. I am new to SAP and don't know much about trigerring immediately and routines.

0 Kudos

Message output configuration will be done by functional, but please ref. below link,

Automatic Printing of a Sales Order Document immediately after saving the Application in VA01 transa...

For routine creation, see below link

Requirement Routines - Output Control - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Sameer

0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer; so my understanding is as below, please correct me if I am wrong.

1. As per our requirement, the functional consultant will create a new output type and configure using the NACE transaction. So, whenever a particular type of sales order is created, the output type will be automatically attached to the sales order (in YELLOW status). But, because we'll have a routine created, the output type may not turn from YELLOW to GREEN.
  2. I do not have access to tcode VOFM, so the functional person might create a new routine for me and then I can go to the routine and mention my code which shall prevent the order ack to be trigerred if the line items are not confirmed.
  3. When my external custom program updates the confirmed quantities in the line items and the program saves the Sales Order, the newly created output type will automatically trigger (turn to GREEN).

Please confirm the third point.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Yes,

Only one correction point 2 is part of technical setting. If you don't have authorization, please check with your manager.

Regards,

Sameer

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.