Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport table entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to transport table entries as is across clients.

For eg: If my source client has 200 entries in the table and target client has 400 entries, then following the import of the Transport Request, I should have only 200 entries in the target client also.

Currently, table entries are getting created in the target client if not available earlier.

Existing Table entries in target client are modified as per entries in Source client.

And extra entries remain as it is.

I want the extra entries to be deleted.

Can I acheive this by means of Transport mangement other than doing it programmatically?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Binu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to delete the entries manually from the target client and transport the 200 entries from the source client to target client via customizing request (tcode SE10).

Create the customizing request in source -> add the entries to the your task under that request and transport them.

Hope it may help ypu,

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binu roy,

by writing the program we can ..

RFC_READ_TABLE is used to get the table entires from remote system..
write code that ..

selct from table in development system.

if sy-subrc =0.

delete entries in the wuality sytem..

and laod entries in the custom table.

endif.

Regards,

Prabhudas

former_member226203
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can create an RFC in which u can hve the code for deleting the entries.

1st select the entries from DEV SERVER into itab.

if sy-subrc = 0.

loop at itab into wa_itab.

call the RFC now giving the correct logical system id's of the target systems in the DESTINATION.

in this RFC, u will write the code such that

u hve select query with entries from QUAL OR PROD SERVER into itab1.

now compare the values from itab and itab1 and delete the extra entries. This will gve the same entries in both DEV and QUAL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to delete the entries manually from the target client and transport the 200 entries from the source client to target client via customizing request (tcode SE10).

Create the customizing request in source -> add the entries to the your task under that request and transport them.

Hope it may help ypu,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are working with table maintanance generator then you can transport the values using SCC1 transaction code. Otherwise you can write a program in se38 and execute it in target client then it automatically update database tables. Otherwise create RFC function module to update the tables and call it in program by providing necessary inputs in target client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

USE THE FM

TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC

Regards,

IFF