Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport table entries :Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am developing a report to modify table TVKWZ to assign plant to sales. org.

I also need to store these entries in a transport for which i would be using F.M FM  TR_OBJECT_CHECK  ,  TR_OBJECT_INSERT  to update above changes in TR.

My question is there will be around 40K entries and that will be stored in the transport request, is there any limitation to store entires in a TR?

I am thinking of another approach for BDC of table maintenace V_TVKWZ_ASSIGN but how would i store the entries in a transport will recording?

Direct table update or BDC of V_TVKWZ_ASSIGN is a better option ? Please advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BM,

no there are no limits. Just do it.

Regards,

Clemens

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have 40,000 entries for Sales Org, Distribution Channel and Plant?  How is that possible?  A business org structure so complex that nobody can figure it out?

0 Kudos

Hi Break point,

Actually went i looked at table TVKWZ there are total of 40K entries.

When i take sales org say for example 1000 there are around 200 plants assigned to it so going forward if we include more plants we need to assign this plant to each sales org.

Point is each sales. org should be assigned to each plant and vice versa so i said it will be 40 K entries.

0 Kudos

You have my heartfelt sympathy if you're working in an organization with 1000 sales orgs and 200 plants.  But that's 200,000 rows and you haven't added the unique distribution channels yet...must be working for Coca Cola or some similar business.

Anyway, to keep the instances in sync, I'd go for the transport, even if have to do in blocks of nnn records per transport request.

0 Kudos

May be i was not able to describe it properly for sales org "1000" or "1001" we have around

200 plants (1,2,3...so on) and one distribution channel 10.

Sales org. : 1001

Plant        : 1, 2, 3....till 200

Distributin channel: 10

Now if there is a new plant added for example 201 i need to assign it to each sales org.

The total of sales. org in system is 138 so the new plant will be assigned to these many sales. org.

This is scenario for 1 plant.

So that was i was asking if it's ok to put them all in 1 transport or to create a BDC?

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BM,

no there are no limits. Just do it.

Regards,

Clemens