Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Table data across clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

i know this topic has been addressed earlier but i needed a little more insight into it.

i have to create a table which can be transported to QA/Prod along with the data.can someone please tell me the step by step procedure for getting this done.

thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you create the table in SE11, you assign a delivery class, for customizing tables, you need to set it to "C". Then when you maintain these tables via the table maintenance program, it will ask for a transport request. Then you just release the transport and import it into the other systems. That's it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you create the table in SE11, you assign a delivery class, for customizing tables, you need to set it to "C". Then when you maintain these tables via the table maintenance program, it will ask for a transport request. Then you just release the transport and import it into the other systems. That's it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Little Hint on this....

Just fallow this steps:

go to SM30 give table name click on maintain

Select all entries -- goto menu table view transport

give the new transport request

click on include in request

save it and check in se01

Hope it will work

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Is this one time deal or do you need that data to be transported everytime from DEV to QA/Prod? If it is one time deal, all you have to do is to go to SE10, click on 'Create'. In the pop-up select workbench request and enter the details in the subsequent pop-up.

In the next screen, select the task number(lower number in the tree showing 'Unclassified' next to it). Then in the menu 'Request/task-->Change Type'. In the pop-up select 'Development/correction'.

Next, select the Task again and click the icon for 'Object List'. Toggle to change mode. Click on 'New Entries'. Enter R3TR under PgmId, TABU under Obj and your Z table name under Object Name. Press Enter to get past the warning messages.

In the menu, 'Extras-->Change Object Function', select 'Entire Table'. Save your transport and you are ready to release it and import it into other environments.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Guys

i really havent yet got a chance to work on this one.but the solutions will do the job for me i guess.so i am closing the post for now.if something unexpected comes up might need your help again.

thanks for your quick replies.

take care...