Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport request...........help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have so many doubts about transport request...please help me

and please give me answers to this questions??

1)How do you create tasks? What is the max number of tasks can we create for one request?

2) What is the difference between task and change request? Is it possible to release a change request without releasing a task?

3)How do you release change requests in your module and how often do you release them?

4)Does functional module level configuration come under workbench request or customizing request?

5)What is the landscape? In which one do we prefer to test functional module level changes?

thanks in advance............i will give reward points for best answers.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1)How do you create tasks? What is the max number of tasks can we create for one request?

When ever you save your object it asks for a dev class Once you assign a dev class it will create a REQUEST under which a DEFAULT TASK is also created and under that task your object will be there.

We can't create tasks separately . But when a Different user wants to change that object, or when he wants to use the same request then a new task will be created with his name.

2) What is the difference between task and change request? Is it possible to release a change request without releasing a task?

Request is the parent and TASK is the child like thing.

It is not possible to release the REQUEST without releasing the all tasks assigned to it.

3)How do you release change requests in your module and how often do you release them?

We release them very oftenly in the early stage of the project but when the GO LIVE ofthe project is neared then we release all out requests and transport them to QAS AND PRD.

4)Does functional module level configuration come under workbench request or customizing request?

It comes under Customizing request and Developers comes under workbench request.

5)What is the landscape? In which one do we prefer to test functional module level changes?

Arrangement of the 3 servers DEV, QAS and PRD is known as Landscape

generally these 3 are kept as separate boxes then it is known as 3 tier landscape or s system lanscape

if DEV and QAS are put together then it is known as 2 tier system.

<b>Reward points for useful Answers</b>

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ans. No restriction for the Number of Tasks. U can have any number.

Ans. Check this link

Ans.Cross Transsportation will come into Picture.

At the end of the release u'll do this.

Work bench Request

Regards,

Deepu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanq Mr.Anji Reddy for ur helpful and valuable answers...