Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translations for messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i m facing problem in translating the the messages in my message class maintained in EN.

i have to maintain in 8 languages.

i m doing like this. in SE91, goto -> translation.

but each (DE,FR etc.,) message is overwriting the text of previous message. whatever i have written is not getting saved it looks, even if i try to save them. when i go back and see the previous one, it is overwritten by the latest one.

how to solve this problem. plz help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to Login in the respective language and check whether u are getting ur translations,Translations doesnot have requests.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to Login in the respective language and check whether u are getting ur translations,Translations doesnot have requests.

0 Kudos

i have logged in DE but unable to find the translation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do it in SE63

translation>r/3 enterprise>select long/short text-->select messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan,

what u r doing is right but u need to check the same message in that login language.

ex.

in a se38 program

write: text-001.now maintain some text say 'hello'.

now on execution it will give u as hello.

now from menu bar options goto-->translations convert the text meaning from 'hello' to 'UUUUU' and save .

now open one more session and login language as DE.

now execute the same program .

u 'll get the o/p as UUUUU.

the code in german will be write: text-001 only but the display will be UUUUU instead of hello.

this is the difference.

u need to check the same by login of respective language.

regards,

vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is translating the message and not copying it from one language to other and hence the previous text is getting overwritten.

Regards,

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Here is the alternate solution:

You can define your message with wildcard(&) and use the text-symbols for the message text.

Example:

1) Go to tcode SE91.

2) Declare message with wildcard as

Message Message short text

001 &

3) Declare text symbol 'text-001' for your message text.

4) Use the following code:

message e001(zmesclass) with text-001.

5) You need not to trasnlate the text-symbol as these will automatically translated into login language.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Neeraj Gupta

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the tranlated texts by loging with other languages then only you can see the translated texts.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u have saved ur work it should be done. Are u using the same server or its a different server?

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I think u can use text element same which normal use in program. use that text using 'with'.

that text element u can menu goto-> translatio.

u can use it with diff. language.

regards

vinod