Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from recordings, BATCH INPUT :(

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, hei!

I have a problem. i've been given a task. Someone showed me step by step and ask me to do the same thing.

<b>THE TASK</b>

Transaction code: MM02. I had to modify a material, record the steps with batch input, and after that refine the code and remove undesired code.

PROBLEMS:

I tried to understand what this BATCH INPUT does. after searching documentation i understood that this problem is somehow under DATA TRANSFER. i went further and realized that BATCH INPUT is a method for transferring external data into the R/3 System.

At a moment after i've created the session with the record i had to CHOOSE something when i tried to create DATA TRANSFER PROGRAM.

The options are:Transfer from a file and <b>Transfer from recordings.</b>

THE BIG PROBLEM is that i've found documentation just for first matter (transfer from a file ). I'm trying to understand the other problem ( <b>Transfer from recordings </b>). What is it? some examples, a step-by-step guide. What's good for..... pls help. I've done the data program transfer but i don't understand the meaning of it. I"M NOT A ROBOT and i truly want to understand what i'm learning.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alex, once you have done the recording the system will automatically create the code with all the screens numbers and screen fields. So on the last screen of the recording you can see this automatically genereated code. On this SCreen you need to click on the SAVE button from the menu and then after that go back to SHDB and from the menu click the option PROGRAMS and then select the the option transfer from recordings. So in this way the system will pick up the genreated code from the system itself instead of from a flat file. This option iwll be available only if you have clicked on SAVE button as explained earlier.

Hope this helps

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you remove the BDC recordig altogether and use a standard SAP BAPI to clean up your code, you can use BAPI_CREATE_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA or BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAIN_DARK

Former Member
0 Kudos

ssry,

I've done the steps. I've realized the data program transfer, BUT I DON:T UNDERSTAND WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THIS.

I mean, i'm recording a transaction, but WHY? what am i going to do with this recording? ( on my example - transaction MM02 ). I'm seeing the "movie" of the steps i;ve done when i modified or inserted in 2 fields-country-code and description, BUT my question is WHY HAVE I DONE this recording?

WHAT is the purpose of Transferring from records? Transferring from files has a precise purpose-MOVE/Transfer DATA (tables, etc) from a extern system into SAP System.

Can you get my point?

0 Kudos

you are recording the transaction is because the system will run through the same sap transaction while data is being uploaded in SAP. The advantage of recording is the system will run through the same set of screen validations and same set of authorization the std sap screen has. So you dont need to re-invent the wheel again and again.

We trasnfer from recording to get the code generated automatically in a BDC recording and to avoid coding the screen detaiks ourselves.

for more check..

http://www.sapbrainsonline.com/TUTORIALS/TECHNICAL/BDC_tutorial.html

Cheers

VJ