Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code for Table Maitainence for table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have created Table Maintainece for Table and also i need to create transaction code

for table maintainence.

there when i create transaction code with TRANSACTION with PARAMETERS and SKIP FIRST SCREEN.

I can see all the records in the table into table Maintainence.

Is ther is any possibility like i can restrict records on the key fields (like selection screen).

Will anybody let me know how to goahead with this requirement.

Regards,

Madhavi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to build a maintenance view for your table, and create the dialog for that view.

There you can either set fixed selection criteria, or mark the relevant view fields as subset fields, so the user will be asked to enter values, if they are not handed down from superior views (in a view cluster).

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to build a maintenance view for your table, and create the dialog for that view.

There you can either set fixed selection criteria, or mark the relevant view fields as subset fields, so the user will be asked to enter values, if they are not handed down from superior views (in a view cluster).

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a maintenance view for the table in SE11.

In the view fields there is a column called P.

Put a value "S" in the fields you want to have on selection-screen ( it will be a popup screen ).

Now generate the maintenance dialog for this view.

Below is F1 help on field I mentioned -

Maintenance attribute for view field

Maintenance attribute of a field for a maintenance view.

You can use the maintenance attribute to define how individual fields of a maintenance view can be maintained. There are the following options:

R : Only read access allowed. Maintenance using the table view maintenance transaction (SM30) is not allowed for such fields.

S : Generate subsets when maintaining view data. A subset of the data determined by the value entered in this field is displayed.

H: The field is not displayed for the user in the interactive maintenance transaction. The field therefore does not appear in the maintenance screen. Thus the developer responsible for the maintenance view must ensure that the content of these fields is correct by writing the appropriate code. Such fields are empty by default.

: No restrictions with respect to field maintenance.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you very much for your response.

but slight clarification

i have created table with fields , where i can find the

In the view fields there is a column called P.

will you please help me in the screen where i nedd to update.

Regards,

Madhavi

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can build a small report that call the maintenance view. In the report, convert the SELECT-OPTIONS input to the [DBA_SELLIST|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_all&query=dba_sellist&adv=false&sortby=cm_rnd_rankvalue] parameter of function module [VIEW_MAINTENANCE_CALL|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_all&query=view_maintenance_call&adv=false&sortby=cm_rnd_rankvalue].

If you have "pertinent" key to filter the data, you may define these as sub-key in a mainetance view, those fields will be asked for when entering the maintanance dialog. Or you can build a [view cluster|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_all&query=se55&adv=false&sortby=cm_rnd_rankvalue] using these sub-set keys.

Regards