Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOP-OF-PAGE in function module (not ALV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to use TOP-OF-PAGE in a function module (FM)?

I don't use ALV.

I use a FM to create a simple list with write-statements.

In the FM I also coded the even TOP-OF-PAGE but this will not be triggered.

If I call the FM from any report only a TOP-OF-PAGE from the calling report will be used - not the one of the FM.

Is there a way (or a FM) to tell the system to use a TOP-OF-PAGE from another place?

Thanks in advance,

Walter

6 REPLIES 6

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so. This event is purerly specific to Reports, not Function Modules, hence Runtime environment doesn't call this event anywhere there.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if this will help, but... if you do display your output as an ALV grid, you should be able to call TOP-OF-PAGE forms from different programs - like a normal external form call (PERFORM ***** IN PROGRAM ***** ...). You could determine your TOP-OF-PAGE form dinamically and then display the output using this or that TOP-OF-PAGE code.

Hope this helps.

Avraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if this will help, but... if you do display your output as an ALV grid, you should be able to call TOP-OF-PAGE forms from different programs - like a normal external form call (PERFORM ***** IN PROGRAM ***** ...). You could determine your TOP-OF-PAGE form dinamically and then display the output using this or that TOP-OF-PAGE code.

Hope this helps.

Avraham

0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not use an ALV because I have to calc the total line by myself with different rules.

0 Kudos

What do you mean with "different rules" ?

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I can not use an ALV because I have to calc the total line by myself with different rules.

This is then not an issue. [Changing sub/totals in ALV|http://help-abap.blogspot.com/2008/09/classical-alv-change-subtotal.html]

Regards

Marcin