Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLINE-TDFORMAT and behavior of old/new long-text editors in IE03

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC 6.0, I'm creating some long text for a piece of equipment using the standard init_text/save_text/commit_text FM sequence.

In save_text, my lines table has two lines in it.

If I set tdformat to spaces in these lines, then in IE03 I do get two physical lines in the OLD-style editor (the one that looks like SAPScript)

And if I set tdformat to 'TA', then in IE03 I get the fancy NEW editor (that looks like Word) but with the two lines appearing on one physical line with a space in between them.

If I tack on a crlf (cl_abap_char_utilities=>cr_lf) to the end of each line in my lines table, will the fancy new editor interpret these correctly? Or cl_abap_char_utilities=>form_feed?)

If neither of these will work, how do I get the fancy new editor to show two physical lines ?????

Thanks

djh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the TDFORMAT, you can use "/ " for the new line so that the line gets split into two.

Regards,

Naveen

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the TDFORMAT, you can use "/ " for the new line so that the line gets split into two.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen -

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I'm sure you're correct but I'm a little confused about one detail.

As I said in my post, I have to set tline-tdformat to 'TA' in the first row of my tline table. Otherwise, IE03 will pop the ugly old editor (the one that looks like SapScript) instead of the fancy new editor (the one that looks like MS Word 2007.)

So are you saying that I can put "/ " (slash space) in tline-tdformat of the second row of my tline table, and the fancy new editor will recognize this as a new line indicator ?????

Please confirm or clarify at your earliest convenience - I'd like to test what you're saying tonight and see if it works here ...

Thanks very much again ...

djh

0 Kudos

Yes, Naveen you are 100% correct.

if I leave tline-tdformat empty in the first row of my tline table, and put '/ ' (slash space) in the second row, then:

1) IE03 will still pop the fancy new MSWord-style editor (not the old style editor)

2) the fancy editor will correctly show two physical lines in the edit window.

Thanks so much again.

Best regards

djh

0 Kudos

Wow! I was not getting the text in new lines in sm_crm transaction while creating Support Tickets in Solman using BAPI_NOTIFICATION_CREATE. Saw your reply and added tdformat = '/' for NOTIF_TEXT_LINES parameter (internal table) and got text in new lines. Thank you very much!