Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone Specific Batch User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a batch user in our system that is on Singapore time zone used to run a number of background jobs across the business e.g. delivery creation, billing and transfer order creation.

When we went live we had batch jobs such as Transfer Order Create being created by a central batch user based on Singapore time.

New Zealand Business is facing the following problem in the system because of this:

When users manually create TOs (for example) the creation date / time was recorded as New Zealand time.

But when reports are called for TO creation using the batch user for a certain time and date, the totals are not correct and TOs are displayed out of order.

I want to know if this can be fixed by creating a new batch user with New Zealand time zone and scheduling batch jobs with it.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raheed,

I have tested the solution. It looks like the job would be scheduled based on the user time zone. However the real execution would happen depending on the system time zone.In a sense if the job is schedules at NZ time zone this would actually run at the offset system time zone.

So you can go ahead to create a new batch user with New Zealand time zone and scheduling batch jobs with it. However the job will follow the offset system time zone.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

When users manually create TOs (for example) the creation date / time was recorded as New Zealand time.

But when reports are called for TO creation using the batch user for a certain time and date, the totals are not correct and TOs are displayed out of order.

This scenerio is well explained by an example in SAP note #Note 636992 - FAQ: Time zones in the notification. As a matter of fact, any date/time that is written by the system is server local time, and any date/time that can be manually entered by users is in respective useru2019s time zone.

You can consider modifying (use custom exit/BAPI in case of SAP standard reports) the reports for TO creation to add an ABAP logic for converting the creation date/time stamp of TOs created by New Zealand users to Singapore local time (which I believe is the server timezone as well) before generating the final output.

You might want to search the forum for threads which discusses the sample ABAP logic to be used for timestamp conversion or refer help.sap.com topic- [CONVERT TIME STAMP|http://help.sap.com/abapdocu_70/en/ABAPCONVERT_TIME-STAMP.htm]

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Guys thanks for the valuable inputs but I would like to know how can we resolve this issue.