Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text object

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Frnds,

i am having these following values

text obj : vbbp

text id : zqi1

now i want to give the text name in the smartforms,

i want to know in which txn i can see the text obj.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ateeq,

Go to transaction SE71.

From Menu select Environment -> Standard Text.

Enter your text obj/ id.

Hope this will help.

Regards.

Pras

0 Kudos

Go to transaction SE75. This will show you the text objects and ids.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

i think vbbp is not in the std. text. it is not created explicitly. i think its been created automatically when we do the sales order creation.

if u know any other procedure plz lend ur voice.

0 Kudos

This text odjext is a standard text object, the id that you have above looks to be a custom id. There are standard Ids as well,

You can look at a sample of the "Name" convention by going to STXH table and looking at the data. For example, go to SE16, enter STXH as the table. Enter VBBP for the object and 0002 for the id. Execute the query, now look at a single record, notice the name field, it is a concatenation of the sales document and item number.

By knowing the "naming convention" of your object/id you can build it at runtime and bring in the associated text.

Make sense?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Message was edited by: Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Ateeq,

Text object VBBP is for the sales order item texts. If you go to VA02, enter the order number and then in the overview screen, menu 'Go To'> 'Item'>'Texts'. Here select each text and double click in the small text window on the right side. This will take you to the Sapscript editor. In there, in the menu,

'Go To'--> 'Header' will give you the details you want.

To read this text, you can use READ_TEXT and for the text name it is the concatenated value of your salesorder(internal format) and the line item number.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case text name will be document number ( if it's a header ) or concatenate document number and item number ( if its item level )

you can see in STXH table.

Cheers,

Sasi

0 Kudos

Ateeq,

SDN members are trying to help you out here and if you don't tell the forum, if your problem is resolved or still pending and reward those who helped, do you think this forum will have the enthusiasm to answer any future questions?

Please update the post if it is still an issue or else reward and close.

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

<b>It is discouraging to see that the posts are not being closed. Please close the post if answered, and if not please let the forum know. It doesn't have to be left open like this.</b>

Thanks for your attention,

Srinivas