Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Module in SMARTFORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to append a text at the end of main window at any page ..when ever main window ends.for this I created a text module in transaction SMARTFORMS.and tried to add it into the form when I am doing it ..How should I select the options in the TASK KEY..there are 4 things to be filled

TEXT NAME :

TEXT OBJECT : ???

TEXT ID :??? (I am doing a print doc for deliveries)

LANGUAGE

Anyone help me out of this ASAP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you created a <b>text module</b> that you want to include in your form, you don't refer to it like that.

Once you selected the area / window your text should be in, right-click on the window name, select Create -> Text. Then, in the 'General Attributes' tab, you have to change the type to 'M' (Text module). On the next screen, you just specify the name of your text module that you want to include and the language key. You can specify under 'Conditions' that your text should only be displayed before or after the end of the main window (or whatever your requirement may be).

Now if you want to include an already existing text (that you created via SO10, for instance), then you have to select the type 'I' instead. For SO10 texts, the text object will be TEXT, and you should know the other three parameters if you were the one creating the text. Obviously, the text object will change to another value if you want to include an application-dependent text - then, as it was mentioned, SE75 will help you find the proper object name.

I'm not sure where do you see the "options in the TASK KEY"... hope this helps a bit though.

3 REPLIES 3

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to SE75 to check TEXT OBJECT and TEXT ID for delivery.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you created a <b>text module</b> that you want to include in your form, you don't refer to it like that.

Once you selected the area / window your text should be in, right-click on the window name, select Create -> Text. Then, in the 'General Attributes' tab, you have to change the type to 'M' (Text module). On the next screen, you just specify the name of your text module that you want to include and the language key. You can specify under 'Conditions' that your text should only be displayed before or after the end of the main window (or whatever your requirement may be).

Now if you want to include an already existing text (that you created via SO10, for instance), then you have to select the type 'I' instead. For SO10 texts, the text object will be TEXT, and you should know the other three parameters if you were the one creating the text. Obviously, the text object will change to another value if you want to include an application-dependent text - then, as it was mentioned, SE75 will help you find the proper object name.

I'm not sure where do you see the "options in the TASK KEY"... hope this helps a bit though.

0 Kudos

Yes I solved it by creating a Module