Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table maintenance generator - Data is not saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed a custom table and a corresponding table maintenance generator with some events for when saving data.

Testing this in our dev system I encountered no issues but when I moved it to our quality system I tried to edit the table data and every time I hit save (after a change) the generator keeps asking me to save the data.

Only when I hit "do not save" I can leave the maintenance screen and of course data is not saved.

Have you ever saw an issue like this? It's very strange because in dev everything is working properly.

Thanks for you input.

Regards,

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two probable reasons.

1. Authorization issue.

Did u gave any authorization group while creating table maintenance???. In development system ur ID may exist in that group but not in quality. Check this.

2. Check the TR if there are any error/warnings in transport.

If so then delete the maintenance in development and recreate and retransport the same.

Thanks,

Vinod.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think u dont have right to save data in Quality system. Thats why it is coming like that. try with some one else's user id or tell basis to grant u the right to save data.

Regards

Sandipan

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two probable reasons.

1. Authorization issue.

Did u gave any authorization group while creating table maintenance???. In development system ur ID may exist in that group but not in quality. Check this.

2. Check the TR if there are any error/warnings in transport.

If so then delete the maintenance in development and recreate and retransport the same.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In development server you will be provided with authorizations to upload data ... but where as in quality system you may not be provided with all the authorizations ... So contact your basis or the person responsible in providing the authorization to maintain the data ...

Regards,.

Santosh

0 Kudos

The authorization group is &NC&, so the issue should not be on this.

Also, I checked the transports and no warning or error occurred.

I tested this with 2 different users, one got a warning stating that he did not had the privileges to change data and the other got the error I mentioned ( always asking to save).

Do you think it can be some configuration issue of the client?

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I'm not logged on now. As I remember, you can click a radio buttun at the bottom of maintenance table generator to decide 'Standard change recording' or 'No or user change recording'. This decides if a transport request is assigned when you do changes. The other thing is that regardless of authorization &NC& the geberated dialog will still check system authorization settings. We have the same thing here: No chages allowed in QA.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned, when you are trying to edit already existing record you are facing a problem but have you tried creating a new record. Moreover when editing the existing record probably any duplicate entries are getting created(just a hint). Try to create a new entry and still if the problem continues you can contact ur basis team.

Thanks

Sumanth

0 Kudos

All,

I've managed to solve the issue. Doing some tough debug on SAP code I found out that my last statement on the event "before save" was changing the sy-subrc to 4 ( select on a table without data). Anyways seems SAP uses the flag after the event to check if it can proceed or aborts the operation.

Basically it was always aborting. The problem did not occur in dev because I already had data on table.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks for all the help ( points have been awarded).

Pedro Barbosa

rahul_negi
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.