Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table mainetenance generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello frnds,

Is it possible to give a selection screen in table maintenance generator.

The requirement is this there is a Ztable and they want a table maintenance generator for that and they have given several fields which they want to use as a selection criteria. please help me in this.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SM30, you can choose the Enter Restrictions Radio button, using which you can have the selection screen functionality.

Regards,

Ravi

Note - Please mark all the helpful ansewrs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure

You can write a report with a selection screen and use a Table Control for the same.

This Table Control should then be used to update the Custom Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Have a look at SAP help on generating a table maintenance dialog.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a7/5133ac407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Manish

messier31
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

It is not possible to provide selection criteria for table maintenance generator.. forum experts let me know if i m wrong.

I guess ur required is like on basis of of selection criteria the table maintenance should show the entries from the ztable and then this can be edited or deleted by end user.. let me know if i m wrong..

In this case what you can do is create a custom report with selection criteria. Based on these selection criteria select the entries from ur ztable and show it in table control. Provide option for editing and deleting this entries. Also do not forget to provided option to add new entries too. This will achieve both the functionality of table maintenance and even wht ur client wants.

At the end create a transaction for this report and give this tcode to ur client..

Hope this helps you..

Enjoy SAP.

Pankaj Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

They want to have it through SE30 only i.e. table maintenance generator. and I am not able to find how to set up the selection condition over there,

There is one radio button ' select condition ' But the radio button works only once and we need to set up again.

Might be we can do it by creating variant but I am not able to create a variant

Thanks,

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible