Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table inside table in smartform for pay statement

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Here is one requirement of PAY STATEMENT in which all details(includes personal, Attendance, Payroll details) of all employee's of particular month should print in smart form. Client demanding the format in their previous system which is like this

1. In the first row, HEADING Part includes

a. Ist column - Emp id, name, dept, desig, DOJ

b. 2nd column splits in to number of leave types and days worked and working days.

c. 3rd column - Earnings

d. 4th column - Deductions

2. From the second row, Data from driver program

a. Ist column - Corresponding to Ist rows Ist Column

b. Vice versa....

First row is static text, which should display in each page.this should be done for all the existing employees(Almost 300+) with all the details discussed in the 2nd point..

3. Finally they are asking to display, the total earnings and total deductions spent for the salary from the management.

According to my knowledge, what i understood is : We need to use TABLE for this requirement, because all the details are dynamic and nothing is static except Personal details heading. What i thought is in the Header of table, Keep the First row, and in the Body, keep another table so that all the dynamic data will be uploads for all employee..and i will be passing all data of each employee in one 1 row of table.And in the footer print final total earnings and deductions using two tables...

I think my idea i explained is very complex and also not sure. Please suggest me solution in detail regarding this requirement.

Please give me a response ..

Thanks in advance..

Sai Kiran Rao..

+919781404778

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Try to use a table only with the content of the headers:

-

• HEADER_VALUE

-

• VALUE1

-

• VALUE2

-

• VALUE3

-

And a second table with your content.

-

• HEADER_VALUE | FIELD1 | FIELD2 | FIELD3

-

• VALUE1 | VAL1 | VAL2 | VAL3

-

• VALUE2 | VAL4 | VAL5 | VAL6

-

• VALUE3 | VAL7 | VAL8 | VAL9

-

In the Smartform, use a LOOP for the first table. In this LOOP use a TABLE with a condition to read the values of the second table acording the value of the HEADER TABLE VALUES.

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Sorry as i am providing L3 training to core users, i was busy with other requirements similar to this. But this is actual requirement...

Company name

Company Adress

Form Title

-

empid | Calendar Days | Days worked | Leaves | Earnings | Deductions|

empname | | Days Paid | EL CL SL CO LWP|basic | Tax |

doj | | |OB |others |Others |

department | | |AV | | |

designation | | |BAL | | |

-

emp1 | 31 | 26 | -

similar to others----

value2

value3

value4

value5

-

emp2

-

similarly for all the existing employees with all the details. And the header details should print in all pages. and finally they want me to display net calculation of all the earnings and deductions components like net of basic etc.

They need in the exact format of what i have shown above.... I hope you understand the above requirement and please suggest me how to proceed in designing since go live date is near..

please draw it in your paper with gaps between pipes and each column so that alignment will be done properly which will show you a actual designing.

Thanks in advance..

Sai kiran rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use only a single TABLE for your requirement. No need to use TABLE inside a TABLE.

1) Create 2 Line Types: 1st Line type having 4 columns and 2nd Line Type having 5 columns.

2) In the Header, you will need 2 Table Lines. The 1st Table line will contain the LINE TYPE1 and the 2nd Table line will contain LINE TYPE2. Make sure you use the frames i.e. borders correctly so that you will get your required display.

Regards,

Danish.

0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

I actually tried the things what you said on paper, but i did not get clearly that how to put data vertically in each cell of table line. If you don't mind can you please draw it both header and body..like how to accommodate the fields in which table line and in which cell..

Thanks in advance..

Sai kiran Rao.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go step by step. Are you done with the column headers which I told you above ? If you succeed with the column headers, then populating the data is very easy.

Please refer this link for SMARTFORMS.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVSCRSF/BCSRVSCRSF.pdf

Regards,

Danish.

0 Kudos

SOLVED