Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Events: What is the table name which stores the new entries

former_member687052
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement... When creating the new entries, validation has to be done on the new entries by checking one condition.

After entering SM30, I clicked on NEW ENTRIES button. and I entered 10 records. Now, validation has to be done on these 10 entries.

Could someone please let me know the TABLE NAME which stores all these new records which are enteres in the NEW ENTRIES screen. and in which event these validations should be done..?

I tried the event 05-Creating a new entry. There I couldn't find the entries in EXTRACT.

Please provide your valuable inputs. Thank you in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sudipDas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

U can put the required validation in the event 01 check_before_save. there u can use the structure TOTAL.

Check the action field of the structure it will contain 'N' for the new entries. Do ur validation accordingly.

Regards

Sudip Kumar Das

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please explain your query in detail.I am unable to get your problem exactly.

SM30 transaction is used for table maintenance.

When entering the enteries using this tarnsaction then the validation is done against the check table of the field.

Hope it helips you

Thanks!!

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response. The values get validated if there is check table assigned it.

But, we need the custom validations among the entries we create. For that purpose, I am using the Table Events.

User goes to SM30 and clicks on NEW ENTRIES, if the user enters multiple records(lets say 20 records), the validations have to be done among these 20 records. For doing this, we need to use the table events. My question is what is the name of the internal table which stores the values entered in the NEW ENTRIES screen(20 records). So that we can validate the data using that internal table. and also could you tell me the event which is to be used for this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Paddu.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Step 1.

Create a routine example "MODULE z************ " in the PAI of the table maintainance screen.

Step 2.

In the "MODULE Z********** " , You can loop accross table name "EXTRACT" which hold the data that you entered on the screen. now validate your data as you want.

Let me know if this solves your querry.

Regards,

Rahul.

sudipDas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

U can put the required validation in the event 01 check_before_save. there u can use the structure TOTAL.

Check the action field of the structure it will contain 'N' for the new entries. Do ur validation accordingly.

Regards

Sudip Kumar Das

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should be checking the table [TOTAL|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/91/ca9f0ea9d111d1a5690000e82deaaa/frameset.htm].

Did you go through the SAP documentation on [Extended Table Maintenance Generator|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/91/ca9f0ea9d111d1a5690000e82deaaa/content.htm] ?

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link Dada.

Very useful information.

Regards

Abhii