Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have copied a transparent table from a different server(client) ,this table has some Z domains and data elements.so now my doubt is.

1. do i need to copy these z domains and data elements,(domains and data elements are reusable) bcoz when i transported i got an error twice that some domains were not activated or does not exist.

2. if i just need to activate ,is there any process of mass activation of these DE and domains as i have activated twice and transported them but still i get the same error.

any help would be gratefull

naren.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must transport the non-existant in target system domains and data-elements, before or with the table definition, else there is no chance of success. Put those elements in a transport request and transport this request before transporting once more the request with the table definition /or/ manually activating the table (via SE14)

Regards,

Raymond

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must transport the non-existant in target system domains and data-elements, before or with the table definition, else there is no chance of success. Put those elements in a transport request and transport this request before transporting once more the request with the table definition /or/ manually activating the table (via SE14)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

thanks raymond,

but did not get you just tell me whether

i should copy each Z DE and Domain or just activate each of them.

0 Kudos

Each and every data-element and related domain must exist and be active for the table to be activated. If they do not exist in the target system, you must copy/import them; if they exist but are not active you must activate them.

When you transported the table definition, no other objects were implicitly transported; you should have added them to your transport request.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naren,

yes you have to transport these domains and data elements as they are not present in the target system.you can do it by creating a transport request and put all the z domains and data elemetn in that and transport it to the target system.

also you can do mass activation for that after importing the program you need to do mass activation with the program RADMASG0.this mass activation program must get the list of DDIC objects and all the object will get activated in one go.in this program when you execute it you can give transport number also you can give direct objects and external tables but external tabe should be the pool table from tha ATAB pool and must have same structure as table TACOb,.

hope this helps you,

thanks

tanmaya

0 Kudos

thanks tanmaya ,

can you please brief me on this mass activation program RADMASG0.please

0 Kudos

and one more doubt is that when i have activated the domains and Data elements ,if they dont exist they should have shown the error that "DOMAIN or DATA ELEMENT DOES NOT EXIST" but it did not show any message. And i have even activated all of them,any suggestions please.