Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created on table control i insert some value using table control .

i was valudate the table control once i insert worng value means it diplay the error message but automaticaly go to display mode how to solve this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try using chain...endchain

regards,

Navneeth.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out if CHAIN .. ENDCHAIN works out in this case

in PAI

CHAIN.

FIELDS : FIELD1,

FIELD2.

MODULE VALIDATION.

ENDCHAIN.

Where FIELD1 FIELD2 are the fields of ur table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You need to give the name of the field in :" on chain request ...

like...

FIELD wa_porder-ebeln MODULE validate_purchaseno ON CHAIN-REQUEST.

FIELD - MODULE

Syntax

FIELD dynp_field MODULE mod ON CHAIN-INPUT|CHAIN-REQUEST

... ON REQUEST

Effect

With this condition, module mod is called only if the value of the screen field dynp_field has been changed by input after the event PBO. It is considered as input if the existing input is overwritten with the same value or if the initial value of the field is entered explicitly. Besides user input, the following value input results in a call of mod:

Transfer of a default value set via System → User Profile → Hold Data. However, this requires the dynpro property Hold Data to be active.

Tansfer of a default value from the SAP Memory. This requires that in the PARAMETER-ID property of a screen element an SPA/GPA parameter is specified.

Transfer of data that is passed in the call of a dialog transaction using the addition USING of the DS:ABAP.CALL_TRANSACTION>CALL TRANSACTION statement.

Transfer of a default value predefined in the system or in the ABAP Dictionary for input/output fields of certain types.

Hope this works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Table control,you have to do the validation by using CHAIN ENDCHAIN Statement.The Columns you used in Table Control should be btween CHAIN and ENDCHAIN.,

CHAIN.

FIELD Matnr.

FIELD Werks.

Module Validate_field.

ENDCHAIN.

Reward points if it is helpful.

Regards,

Sangeetha.A