Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

kindly tell me how to add a column to an existing table control

Thanks in advance

Sri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add a column from the database dictionary by clicking on the 'Get from Dictionary' button.

Or if you want to add some column from the program, you can do so by clicking on the 'Get from Program' button.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its easy ,

First get the program name and the screen number, this you can get by using F1 on screen and then technical setting.

Now go in this screen and then press layout.

In layout , go in change mode . now double click the table control , its color will change.

now go in attributes , you will see all fields on table control.

Add you field with desired settings at the appriorate position in this list.

Activate and test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add a column from the database dictionary by clicking on the 'Get from Dictionary' button.

Or if you want to add some column from the program, you can do so by clicking on the 'Get from Program' button.

0 Kudos

Hi i tried to 'get from program' already but the heading am not able to add and also it goes short dump when i run..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to get a column from the program?

Ok..whatever that is, you gotto go to the TOP include where they have declared your internal table that is in sync with your table control.

If you check the flow logic, then you can find something like this

Process before output.
 loop at it_tab with control tcl.
  module name.
endloop.

Go to the TOP include and include the field name of the new column that you are adding in it_tab.

Also check if you have activated the Layout and the program as a whole.

What is the runtime error saying?

0 Kudos

hi thanks a lot for the reply , still i am getting run time error it says 'CONVERSION ERROR'.

0 Kudos

Hi,

-> Check if you have added the field in the internal table declaration in the TOP include.

-> Check if the declaration is matching with that of the field from the program.

Please give a detailed description of the error message.

0 Kudos

hi , shri

Is your problem solved ?

Regards

Deepak .

0 Kudos

Hi Nitwick ,

The issue is solved ,there was an issue when passing currency field - that is why it had shown conversion error ,I really appreciate your mind to help others , thank you