Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system defined separator to be included in the default value of the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to include W bar as the separator instead of slash in the default file name for download to presentation server( C:\temp\test.txt). In user environment separator for file differs.( Wbar instead of ''\' ). Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Viven

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP programs may need to be changed if they interact directly with the OS. For example, if the reports have to read or write files. I know that there is a function module or class method to receive the OS-specific file path separator. This function module or class should always be used when splitting or concatenating a file path.

could somebody tell me what FM is require dto find OS specific file path Separator.

Do we have any OS specific Func module/methods can use in program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have file name input as W bar included in the file name ?

and which FM or method u r using to download the file..

If u have file name which contains bar then u can replace those bars from '/' and u can then give filename with slash '/' separator as import parameter to FM or method. I think any FM will not recognize any separator except '/' or '\'.

In file name separator for presentation server files.. you can eitehr use '/' or '\'..

Did I answer ur question ?

Regards

Prax

0 Kudos

We have to hard code the default file path name, where we need to give the separator recognised by the system. In user enviroment if we go for F4 help in User enviroment to select a file, the spearators in the path is displayed as W bar.

0 Kudos

For which system, this bar is appearing ?

I mean for Wondows '\' and for Unix and Linux '/' is supported..

and if u get values using F4 then u get this values in a parameter... when u process this filename... you can take another variable to store filename with bar replaced by '/'...

Regards

Pra