Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax Check error in QAS not in DEV

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am encountering an abap dump in QAS based on syntax error in program. I did a syntax check in QAS and the error is there. But when i do a syntax check in DEV, there are no errors.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.

Regards,

April

7 REPLIES 7

gerd_rother
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes some development objects are in other transports not in QAS yet. So the syntax error may be caused by a missing DDIC object or class method which was not transported. Check what the syntax error is actually telling.

Regards, Gerd Rother

former_member536879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just save the DEV Report in to a new Transport Request which contains all the things of that Report. Then transport that request in to QAS. This is because there may be some dependency for this report.

Can you paste the error what you are getting in the QAS.

Other wise just use the t-code stms_import . There find your TP number and find the status of the TP in QAS.

With Regards,

Sumodh.P

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the error i am getting -> "GS_OUTPUTPARAMS" has already been declared

I checked and searched the main program this object is only declared once. And in DEV it is also the same.

Thanks.

Regards,

April

0 Kudos

Hi,

That does not sound like a missing object...

Just in case the last transport contained LIMU entries for the program / function group / class you transported you should consider transporting the whole object again (with R3TR - PROG, FUGR or CLAS).

Regards, Gerd Rother

former_member193821
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto version management and do a remote comparison of code . There you can find the latest version and last TR transported based to QAS from that you can identify the problem.

Revert for further Qs.

Thanks and Regards,

P.Bharadwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is not a missing object error otherwise it would have given you the dump while executing your object.

are you not able to execute your program ?

Also please see are trying to create some variables dynamically.

Please see the transport log(SE01) , here you will definitely get some log talking about the warnings or error.

Regards,

Uma

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

May be some transport related to declaration part are missing just compare the program REMOTELY with the latest transport p

Go to your development system and program code -> Utilities ->version management .> 1st transport will be in active

Click on remote comparison on application tool bar and enter the QAS system id

and click on enter

after that on application tool bar click again remote comparison then you will get all the diff b/w 2 systems.

Check for all includes in your program.

Thanks

Naresh