Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing some subtotals in an ALV grid

0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to suppress some of the subtotals in an ALV grid? In some cases I have redundant subtotals, and I would like to suppress one of them. I am using the event SUBTOTAL_TEXT, and this is not something I can control with the sort order.

Thanks,

Margaret Brooker.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

You might want to take a look at the Development Class (Package) in the Object Navigator (SE80) called SLIS.

There you will find excellent ALV demo programs that illustrate many possible customizations to the Alv grid.

Although there is not an exact supress subtotal example, you could probably create your own pushbuttons or events to embed your own logic.

It is possible to create a local class and implement a double click event, which could delete a duplicate line or any other preferred logic that you code.

cheers,

Marilyn

1 REPLY 1

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

You might want to take a look at the Development Class (Package) in the Object Navigator (SE80) called SLIS.

There you will find excellent ALV demo programs that illustrate many possible customizations to the Alv grid.

Although there is not an exact supress subtotal example, you could probably create your own pushbuttons or events to embed your own logic.

It is possible to create a local class and implement a double click event, which could delete a duplicate line or any other preferred logic that you code.

cheers,

Marilyn