Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

submit cv04n transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a newbie question :). I need to submit cv04n transaction from my program with some preffiled values. I am used to use SUBMIT command with report name but with cv04n i dont know that name (or i wasnt able to find it ). So is it possible to call this transaction with submit or should i use another command(and has this commant opportunity to preffill some values?)?

thanks

Jiri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi populate the bdcdata internal table data and then call the transaction using

CALL TRANSACTION.............

satish

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a Call transaction statement. You can use call transaction CV04N to call this transaction.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what are you doing...

can you explain..

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

1. Submit won't work with this.

2. bcos the program for this tcode is

SAPLCV100 (use se93 to find it out)

and its not of type 1 (online program)

3. Instead u must use

CALL TRANSACTION USING BDCTABLE.

(see help on syntax)

4. otherwise it will give this run time error.

SUBMIT_WRONG_TYPE

I hope it helps.

regards,

amit m.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using for some BDC kind of stuff, then

use call transaction.

DATA: BDCDATA TYPE TABLE OF BDCDATA. 

DATA: ITAB TYPE TABLE OF BDCMSGCOLL. 

DATA: PROGRAM LIKE SY-REPID, 

WA_BDCDATA TYPE BDCDATA. 
WA_BDCDATA-PROGRAM  = 'SAPMS38M'. 
WA_BDCDATA-DYNPRO   = '0100'. 
WA_BDCDATA-DYNBEGIN = 'X'. 
APPEND WA_BDCDATA TO BDCDATA. 
CLEAR WA_BDCDATA. 
WA_BDCDATA-FNAM     = 'RS38M-PROGRAMM'. 
WA_BDCDATA-FVAL     = PROGRAM. 
APPEND WA_BDCDATA TO BDCDATA. 
CALL TRANSACTION 'SE38'  USING BDCDATA  MODE 'N' 
                         MESSAGES INTO ITAB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi populate the bdcdata internal table data and then call the transaction using

CALL TRANSACTION.............

satish

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already pointed out by others use Call transaction statement passing the bdc table.

Please note that the mode should be 'E' though.

call transaction 'CV04N' with t_bdcdata

mode 'E'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us know if you are writing a BDC program for CV04N transaction or you want call this transaction from your program and want the user to navigate in the transaction.

In former case you can do what is suggested by other members in this thread. In the later case you have to use SET MEMORY ID for CV04N Transaction initial screen mandatory fields and use call transaction and skip initial screen.

Let us know what is your requirement.

Regards,

Ramesh.

0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for all answers.

I would like to call transaction from my program and prefill some parameters, execute the search and then let the user navigate in the transaction.

I can prefill some parameters from bdctable but i dont know how can i start that transaction-is it possible from bdcdata?

And next question: Can i use selection variants(there is few variants and i would like to make for each variant one report and submit that variant automatically)

i hope it is more clear now

thnaks

0 Kudos

Use Submir report statement with '... USING SELECTION-SET variant ' addition..

Heres the documentation.

USING-SELECTION-SET supplies all the selection screen components by means of a Variante variant. If you specify USING-SELECTION-SETS OF PROGRAM , you can use a variant from a different program; if you specify WITH SELECTION-TABLE, values for several selection screen components are transferred as the content of an internal table rspar; WITH sel value supplies individual selection screen components sel with values value. The addition WITH FREE SELECTIONS allows you to transfer dynamic selections to the selection screen for a logical database.

Addition 1

... USING SELECTION-SET variant

Effect

If you specify this edition, the parameters and selection criteria for the selection screen are supplied with values from a variant. For variant, you must specify a character-like data object that contains the name of a variant for the program accessed when the statement is executed. If the variant does not exist, the system sends an error message. If the variant belongs to a different selection screen, it is ignored.

Note

You can create and manage variants for every program in which selection screens are defined, either in the ABAP Workbench or during execution of the program by choosing Goto - Variants on a selection screen.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

But i dont know the report, i know only transaction code...plz look at the cv04n

thnaks

0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

I'm sorry..That is not a Report program..YOu cannot use Submit report statement for Module Pool Programs..

Regards,

ravi