Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street with more than 35 characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Insurance, for address more than 35 characters,the BAPI's BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD and

BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE, I am getting the following warning message:

"The use of the last 25 characters in field STREET is restricted".

Does anyone know why SAP is issuing this warning message?

How can i avoid this warning message?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is coded into the logic. I don't think it is controlled to config or other means. It is a warning anyway, is it causing any issues?

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinivas:

Thanks for the response. Do you know why SAP is restricting the last 25 characters?

It is causing issues since our FM's is checking only the Return Internal Table from the BAPI's. If it is not empty then error.

Thanks,

DN

0 Kudos

Looks like you have an option to control this.

Go to SM30. Enter V_T100C for name and click "maintain". For application area, enter 'AM'. In the subsequent screen, choose "New Entries" if you don't see 228 in the table there. Choose 228 from the drop down values and set the controls accordingly.

Extended field lengths and additional address fields came into picture with central address management. If you look at vendor or customer master tables, the address fields have the old lengths and the new ones will be missing. Instead a link to the new address table(ADRC table) is added there(ADRNR).

The warning is issued may be just to inform that incompatibilities might occur with extended lengths.

See this function module as an example for the message you are getting.

BUP_CHECK_GROUP_NAME

The message you are getting belongs to message class AM and the number is 228.

Please don't forget to reward and close the post if answered.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinivas:

Why are we using SM30 for V_T100C and entering the warning message? Could you please let me know the reason for using it?

Thanks,

DN

0 Kudos

This is not added as a node in config, although there are some application areas for which it is added to SPRO as a node. In SM30, if you enter the view name and click "Customizing, you will see that there are several customizing nodes for this view. But in all those nodes, the application area is not open for input. They deal with specific messages for that application area only.

For all others like this one, you have to go through SM30. If you don't enter anything, it will take the program coded type which is warning. But if you enter here the message number and type to be information, then the message will be information message.

But your logic of handling messages may still be affected, because, even if you make this as an information message, it may still add a record to the RETURN table. If you are checking for a message in this table, then you may be treating it as error.

Please close the post once answered.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question related to V_T100C table.

Recently after installation of support packs i noticed that the message work area for tax juridiction has been changed to FF. So it seems that henceforth i need to maintain FF work area of V_T100C. I tried to add some entries but it throws a message saying FF work area is not provided for maintaining messages. How should i solve this problem ?

I am getting tax juridiction message in BDOC with message type FF.