Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to include (/: INCLUDE) a text of OBJECT as 'EKKO' not 'TEXT' inside a standard text. In debug mode it shows Message no. TD453 as :-

Parameter has the invalid value " "

-

Message no. TD453

Diagnosis

-

An error occurred in an INCLUDE command. The parameter has the incorrect value " ".

System Response

-

The included text is not expanded.

Procedure

-

Check the syntax of the INCLUDE statement with regard to the rules for the combination of objects and IDs.

Can I insert into a standard text a text of OBJECT other than 'TEXT'????

Regards,

Deva.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to include objects other than text. Are you providing all the info in your include (Object ID in addition to Object?). The error message seems to indicate that some clause in the INCLUDE statement has a blank value.

Check whether the corresponding text exists (in table STXH/STXL).

cheers,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to include objects other than text. Are you providing all the info in your include (Object ID in addition to Object?). The error message seems to indicate that some clause in the INCLUDE statement has a blank value.

Check whether the corresponding text exists (in table STXH/STXL).

cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Ajay. I had checked in in STXH/STXL tables and checked syntax and tested it again and again.

It is for sure that one cannot add text other than standard text inside standard text.

Thanx,

Deva.

0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

If it is the case with standard text then you can have a save it or read it usinf FMs namely 'Save_text' and 'Read_text'.

Regards,

Vijay