Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can u pls let me know if it is possible to do any of the programming in standard text (transaction SO10) . I want to change the value of field in another format in this standard text.

It is urgent. Pls let me know first if it is possible and second how to go about it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Programming in standard text is not possible.

But there is a work around. You can create a standard text and have some character like &1 &2 in the text.

Now when you read this text (using READ_TEXT)You can just loop at the table and replace the &1 and &2 with whatever values you want.

Hope it helps...

Lokesh

Pls. reward appropriate points

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Programming in standard text is not possible.

But there is a work around. You can create a standard text and have some character like &1 &2 in the text.

Now when you read this text (using READ_TEXT)You can just loop at the table and replace the &1 and &2 with whatever values you want.

Hope it helps...

Lokesh

Pls. reward appropriate points

0 Kudos

First Thanks for sending the reply, I have solved as there was a exit , in which i have declared my own data type and solved. I once again thanks for it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nageswararao,

1. want to change the value of field in another format

This is not clear

2. However, U can do all things which

are possible in SapScript !!!

Regards,

Amit M.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use of the <b>save_text</b>.

this is what fm documentation saying...

The module can be used to change existing texts and to create new texts. If it is clear that it is a new text, this can be specified via the parameter INSERT. The result is better performance as a test read is not performed.

thanks

vijay

Message was edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla