Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSObetween Dot Net portal and SAP portal using X.509 certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning for SSO integration between a Dot Net portal(based on 3.5 Framework) and SAP Portal 7.02 sp 8 using X.509 certificates

The following is ideal scenario:

The user logs into Dot noet portal and a url pointing to SAP portal takes the user to the sap portal without logging again to sap portal

Please let me know if the above scenario can be achieved using X.509 certificates

Any working solution is also welcome

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it should work. I assume that you already have KPI and you will just use certificates for authentication against SAP.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply

Regret the delay caused in my replying

Could you please elaborate on what steps I need to follow on dont Net Portal side for SSO

Also please let me know what is KPI?

Is it PKI: Public Key Infrastructure?

Regards,

Shinjinee Santra

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I meant PKI - Public Key Infrastructure. For SAP side just follow SAP documentation how to configure SAP system to accept certificates. For .NET portal I have no idea. Your question is too generic. So in theory it should work but life is sometimes more complex. If you already have PKI then I would try to configure SAP system to accept certificates.

Cheers