Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool List not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to see the spool when i run my program in background.

I run it by executing the program in se38 choosing the option as execute in background. I am of the idea that SAP creates a spool on its own when i run any program that has a list output without me having to code anythin explicitly for it.

please suggest me some ways of checking why is it happening !! this is urgent !!

Thanks.

Shiv

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try t-code SP01 now. And search for your output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, I did that and didnt find any spools in SP01 too.

My question is why didnt it create a spool on the first place?

0 Kudos

Do you have the "Print immediately" and the "delete after output" parameters checked? If so, the system will print it to the printer and delete the spool when printing is complete. Anything on your printer?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

There couple be multiple reasons for not generating a spool, we would have to have a look at the program to tell better.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Next question... when you run the program in the foreground, does output appear on the screen? Need to confirm that the code is, in fact, producing any output.

0 Kudos

No print outs, but I wil check the print paramters also. How can i configure it to just keep the output in spool and not print it in program itself !!

Since I wont be able to ask the customer to change the configuration settings in the pop up eveytime.

0 Kudos

You could write a wrapper program that does a submit.

Do F1 help to see the extensions of this statement, you can set the print parameters there.

SUBMIT <program> to SAP-SPOOL.

You can also set these parameters if you were to schedule this in a job via SM36.

You can also set these defaults in your user profile, but this would make it so for ALL reports that you run. Maybe not such a good idea.

Also you must verify that you are actually generating ouput. Do you get the list running in dialog mode?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

ya,

I am getting the list in dialog mode. When i tried using submit <report name> to sap-spool. it gave a dump saying spool conversion not possible.

0 Kudos

Interesting, when running the program in background as you were, the job will show in SM37, check for spool in SM37. Is it there? Or is your job cancelling there too?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Can you post the code of the program?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

When you do execute the program in background from SE38 , you cannot set the spool parameters and in this case it is taken from user master . You can always the check the job so created in SM37 and see if it has completed or aborted . If complete you can see if valid list was generated . This will give you more idea.

If you schedule a job in SM36 you have the options to set spool parameters like "print immediately ". Why not schedule a job thru SM36 and later check in SM37.

Cheers

0 Kudos

When I execute in background in se38, I have the option of saying print immediately, delete after output or new spool request. I tried printing it out and it did.

Actually I am able to do it on my colleagues machine and it shows the the spool and also prints it if I desire. On my machine it doesnt show the spool. I think then the problem lies in the configuration of my profile in print parameters. Is there any parameter because of which I may not begetting the spool or the spool is not gettng generated.

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

0 Kudos

Please check your user profile defaults and make sure that you have a printer assign and that the print parameters are the way that you want them. You can do this by clicking System-->Own Data(I think that this is the menu path) or changing via SU01.

Please remember to award points for any helpful answers. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman