Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitter and DOUBLE-CLICK event

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ahev a splitter that displays two ALV grids. With event DOUBLE_CLICK I want to be able to detrmine which grid caused the double_click as I wanted to use one method with conditional logic so some of code could be generic. How would I do this or is it simply better to have two methods double_lclick for grid1 & double_click for grid2 and set handler for each event ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

There is a very simple solution to your problem. When you define the event handler methods (e.g. HANDLE_DOUBLE_CLICK) simply add the optional parameter <b>SENDER </b>which is the control that has raised the event.

For details refer to my previous post in

Regards

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would suggest having two separate event handler methods, you could put the common coding in another method and call this from the 2 event handler methods.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

There is a very simple solution to your problem. When you define the event handler methods (e.g. HANDLE_DOUBLE_CLICK) simply add the optional parameter <b>SENDER </b>which is the control that has raised the event.

For details refer to my previous post in

Regards

Uwe