Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Z-FAX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know software ZFAX used with SAP to send fax?

I know that is a non-certified SAP product but I don't find in internet information about this software.

Thanks,

Gianluca

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro. Thanks for reply.

I don't know if it is a ZyXel software.

Using your url I undestand that will be very hard configure it with R/3.

Are you agree?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

well... don't know... I haven't used ZFAX myself, just searched a little bit with Google O:-)

Sorry!

johan_geraedts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Simeone,

I used to send faxes from SAP: It was installed as Lotus Notes add-on, so with SAPCONNECT I sent a e-mail with pdf attachment to Lotus Notes => ZFAX took this mail and converted it to a Fax and send it as a fax.

They told me it (ZFAX) could be used on Lotus Notes, Exchange and as stand-alone.

Regards

0 Kudos

The correct name about software is ZETAFAX, www.equisys.com.

Do you know it?

Thanks

johan_geraedts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Simeone,

Yes..(Z-FAX => ZETAFAX), like I told you: I needed to send a fax... so they decided to use ZETAFAX.

Our scenario was the following (there are different ways to do this):

Step 1.

Sapscript => convert to email + pdf attachment and send to a specific address : "out_sap@companyname.com" and the subject contained the faxnumber

Step 2.

E-mail + attchment => Sapconnect

Step 3.

Sapconnect => Lotus Notes

Step 4.

Lotus => ZETAFAX

If a mail comes for "out_sap@companyname.com", ZETAFAX will take and convert to Fax and send to the faxnumber put in the subject line...

Regards,

JG

0 Kudos

Johan,

if I use release 4.7 of SAP I can use SMTP into SAPConnect without additional connector with Exchange (SXC), is it true?

Thanks

0 Kudos

yes , you dont need Microsoft exchange connector.

check out the link for documentation from help.sap.com

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm">Quick Guide to SMTP Configuration</a>

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

ZetaFax isn't a software certificated by SAP. Do not use a connector.

In this case, do you know I can send back to the user sap the notification of fax??

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Gialuca,

did you succeed in integrating SAP with ZETAFAX?

Riccardo